Knitting is the miracle of creating new dimensions from a strand of yarn. Let it bring that miraculous transformation to your spiritual life too.
"This book is about seeing and listening. It's about becoming aware that through knitting you can hear and give attention to what’s in your heart and soul―that knitting can be a place of rest and thought and a place for the Divine. It’s about connection―to yourself, to the world, to others and to the Holy."
―from the Preface
What can you learn about yourself through your knitting? What deeper symbolism lies behind the loops and patterns that you create? How can this simple activity help you make your way down a spiritual path? Delve into these questions and more in this imaginative book that will become your spiritual friend, your teacher and your sanctuary. Follow the knitting journeys of the authors and other knitters to discover how they have used their knitting to explore and strengthen their spiritual selves, and how you can do the same. In this joyful and engaging look at a time-honored craft you are invited to:
- Find time and space that was previously hidden in plain sight
- Try creative, thought-provoking original knitting patterns
- Recognize and deepen spiritual connections through knitting
- Meet other knitters on the journey to spiritual and self- discovery
- Explore new ways to expand and savor your knitting community
- Recognize your own power to pass along the knitting wisdom